On 12-13 January 2017 the Institute of Aviation witnessed the 10th conference on “Fatigue of aircraft structures”. The event was organized by the Materials and Structures Research Center.
As has become tradition now, the conference covered all the issues related to fatigue of materials and aircraft structures, in particular:
- Full scale fatigue tests;
- Aircraft materials fatigue;
- New types of materials and structures;
- Life extension and fleet management;
- Structural health monitoring;
- Cracking mechanics and forecasting of fatigue life;
- Non-destructive testing (NDT);
- Regulations regarding fatigue life.
A new element in this year’s conference was MTS special session, during which representatives of the company presented solutions from the latest research offer.
25 papers from the following companies and research units were presented:
- Air Force Institute of Technology,
- PZL Mielec,
- Warsaw University of Technology,
- Silesian Technical University,
- Institute of Aviation.
The conference was attended by 96 participants.